Eliya


Eliya really is a BIG 3 & 1/2 year old.  She is so smart, witty and helpful.  She has a little sass in her too and a strong will that needs more direction.  When she wants to be, she is very motherly to Simeon.  If he cries (if she is not the cause) she runs to his side to hug him or ask him what happened and if he is ok

She reminds me that I said I needed gas or to go to the bank.  If I tell her we are going somewhere and we go a different direction, she always notices and asks why I took the wrong turn.  She is slightly obsessed with Spanish and often asks how to say different words.  She doesn't reproduce much but she thinks it's a fun game to ask about words.  She loves to draw and wants to read really bad, but says "I don't know how to yet". 

She has enough understanding of death and God to make profound statements at times.  My Aunt, her Tia, passed away a few weeks ago unexpectedly, Eliya's first response was "cool, she's in heaven" and I told her we were sad because we couldn't see her anymore.  She said, "that's ok, we'll see her again when we die".  Yes, when we die or when Jesus returns, whichever happens first.  She also told me that maybe Tia was singing and playing the guitar in heaven, and Daddy is playing the drums...and Jesus is playing the horn.  Who knows, she might be speaking with accuracy?!

I love how with her tender heart she believes we will see Daddy soon.  I know that a lifetime isn't soon, but child-like perspective is so much closer to reality.  The Bible says life is a vapor and Jesus said I'm returning soon.  I learn a lot from Eliya and I pray that when she's learning from me (all the time) that I accurately demonstrate the ways of the Kingdom and of faith. 

I am so challenged by her directly and indirectly.  I pray for Eliya to have a fiery hunger to run hard after the Lord and to know the love of the Father in an unusually deep and intimate way.  That she would have passion and compassion for people.  I ask the Lord to use her to bring many to Jesus. 

Such an incredible responsibility to be a parent.  I am increasingly realizing that my time with my children is so limited.  I have dreams and desires for who they will become and I know that these are the years that their hearts are impressionable.  They are learning about who God is, not by what I tell them as much as how I demonstrate Him.  I am desperate for His help and I want to honor Him in how I raise these that He has given me.  
after eating blueberries


worship song was on that sings of raising your hands and lifting your voice to Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment